CEO of Change2020 and Founder of AdaptiQ Minds
“We live in a world where the pace of change will only increase. Standing still is simply not an option.”
Looking for a thought-provoking, insightful and entertaining keynote speaker for your next event?
Kerryn Fewster is a leader in understanding and thriving during volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous times. She is the Founder & Director of two businesses focused on helping organisations change, transform, and adapt during challenging times.
With 20+ years working with some of the world’s leading organisations, Kerryn brings insightful learnings, entertaining stories, and research-backed data that helps individuals and organisations to prepare for our exciting (and slightly terrifying) future of work.
Kerryn speaks at conferences and events around the globe on embracing ambiguity and thriving during change.
Increasingly, our world throws ambiguity in our face. We must learn to be comfortable with shades of ‘grey’ as absolutes have largely become a thing of the past.
We have to embrace uncertainty and build our creativity, curiosity, and courage, among other critical skills, to ensure we can remain relevant and even thrive in our ever-changing world.
We all need to learn to adapt to ambiguity or face irrelevance.
As the developer of The I Am®, a global first research-based assessment tool on an individual’s tolerance of ambiguity, Kerryn provides your members and guests with clear insights that help them determine their current threshold of ambiguity as well as practical strategies to help them to build their capacity to thrive despite the uncertainty.
She explores how we are naturally programmed to be triggered by ambiguity, but if we embrace it, we can make better decisions, be more creative, be more innovative and seize opportunities for better outcomes.
Your members and guests will leave with a clearer understanding of the working-world of the future and insights into how they can rewire their brains to succeed despite uncertainty and ambiguity.
Kerryn Fewster recently spoke at our CEO Institute Summit – “New World, New Realities” as one of our keynote speakers at Hillstone, St Lucia. Kerryn addressed the theme of the day perfectly by captivating the audience with her unique story telling style of the importance of organisations to “embrace ambiguity” in the face of organisational change. Our members commented on the effectiveness of Kerryn’s presentation and the relatability to some of the current issues that their organisations are now facing. Kerryn’s relaxed yet professional approach combining real stories with practical solutions was certainly appreciated by our members in attendance at the Summit.
State Director (Qld) – The CEO Institute
Earlier this year I had the pleasure of seeing Kerryn present at a business conference I was attending. Kerryn is a wonderful presenter who speaks succinctly and clearly about people’s reaction to change and ambiguity in the workplace. I knew that my team would benefit from Kerryn’s insights, especially with all the changes that our business and society are facing, and so I asked her to speak to a team of our Directors at an ALDI strategy day on the Gold Coast. What sets Kerryn apart from many change experts that I have seen in the past, is that she provides research into why people react in certain ways, as well as challenging some of the more traditional ways of looking at change. If you or your team are struggling with any form of change or ambiguity, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Kerryn.
Managing Director, ALDI Stores (Brendale Region)
Unit Coordinator (HRM) (MBA,EMBA) | Graduate School of Business
Kerryn in the Media
- The Australian,Helen Trinca, September 12,2020 – Why Ambiguity is the New Black – Our New Leaders will be judged for their tolerance for uncertainty
- Radio National with Geraldine Doogue, October 10,2020 Businesses and dealing with uncertainty
- Australian Financial Review, Sally Patten, November 27,2020 What this CEO learnt from a business coach
- Sky News with Danica De Giorgio, 5.20pm Sun 20 Sept Interview: Leaders’ lack of tolerance of ambiguity
- Australian Financial Review, Natasha Boddy, February 25,2021Four ways to set career goals in uncertain times
- SheSociety, January 19,2021 Meet Kerryn Fewster, Managing Director of Change2020
O’Connor, Peter, Becker, Karen, & Fewster, Kerryn (2018) QUT E Print: Tolerance of ambiguity at work predicts leadership, job performance, and creativity
- Talking Leadership Talking Leadership TV Podcast
- AiGroup Supply Circles – Thriving in times of Supply Chain Ambiguity with Kerryn Fewster, CEO Change 2020
- Thriving in Complexity with Susanne Le Boutillier Dealing with Uncertainty and Ambiguity
- ABC ABC Saturday Extra Geraldine Doogue – Businesses and dealing with uncertainty
- businessDEPOT DepotNext Adapt to Ambiguity
- ScaleHQ Building a Better Culture When Things are Uncertain
- Learning to thrive Exploring Behaviours, Capability & Building Tolerance to Ambiguity
Past Speaking Engagements
- Hip Pocket National Conference 2023
- ALDI Strategy Conference 2022
- QUT MBA Cohort 2022
- AHRI 2021
- QUT Lunch & Learn 2021
- Nextcare Health Conference 2021
- DepotNext 2020
- DisruptHR 2019
- HRX Live 2019
- AHRI – Learning Culture 2019
- Case IH Next Gen Step Up Transition & Innovation Conference 2018
- The CEO Institute Summit 2022
- ACSA Aged Care Virtual Conference 2021
- QUT MBA Program – Guest Speaker 2021
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) 2018
- Ozwater Conference 2018
- QUT School of Management 2017
- Australian Water Association (AWA) Conference 2017
- Big Ideas Summit 2017
- Robert Half Breakfast Series 2016 & 2017
- St John’s Anglican Breakfast Series 2017
CONFERENCE ORGANISER RESOURCES
Kerryn Fewster’s Bio
Hi-Res Images of Kerryn Fewster (Zip file)