The Kubler Ross Curve
The necessary changes to our lives, both professionally and personally will be devastating for many people, they will grieve for their loss; loss of routine, loss of comfort and confidence and loss of social connections. Like any form of grief, it will result in a dip in productivity in our workplaces – we need to expect and prepare for that.
• Give people time to adjust to the new way of working – focus this week on setting up home offices and finding a rhythm
• Enable your team to focus on a reduced number of tasks / deliverables (in the short-term)
• Communicate what ‘good looks like’ for each week; helps to manage expectations
• Be available as much as possible via all forms of technology so your people can ‘check-in’ and remain connected; they will want to talk, share their concerns and musings
• Don’t judge; this change will hit many people very hard; grief will be a real emotion for many and grief takes time to heal
#mentalhealth #leadership #people #remoteworking #tips #kublerross #mindfulness #changemanagement